Friday, November 16, 2018

Marlena Artis - Simon Kerola post 11





1) Which of these artist's many technical choices are of interest to you?
I really like how in this series, Kerola goes out to these specific spots only to photograph them during golden hour. His balance between the highlights and shadows really appeal to me. Many of his environments seem like abandoned places.

2) What do you believe are the artist's conceptual and/or thematic intentions?
I believe this artist's intentions is to document his childhood memories growing up in Sweden. He revisits places that he went to as a child to document them now.

3) How do you personally respond to these choices and intentions?
I really like all of his dramatic scenes that all have a sense of loss within them. I can appreciate how most of the subjects in his photographs seem to live in a vast mysterious place.

No comments:

Post a Comment