Thursday, November 15, 2018

Amber Carpenter - Alex Prager - Post 9

1. Which of the artist's many technical choices are of interest to you and why?

I find it most interesting her lighting and color techniques, when she is constructing her photos I assume she is using some old school method of cinematic lighting as all of her photos feel to be in the 1950's. I know some people take cues from older technicolor sets and techniques and I think it would be interesting to learn these and emulate these in my own photos.
2. What do you believe are the artist's conceptual work and/or thematic intentions?
I think she is trying to take cues from like I said these older technicolor films, when it comes to the lighting, color, sets, and focal points of the images those are all very present. I think the thematic intentions are to look retro but not corny, and more authentic type of feeling to them. Conceptually there is a ongoing use of only women and that could be intentional to the dialogue of what these old movies portrayed.

3. How do you personally respond to these choices and intents?

I enjoy these choices and I personally would love to take photos with these types of themes and subjects. I would love to learn her technique and the way she makes these photos, Id love to know if she uses film or digital also. These choices speak to me and I enjoy her photos greatly and would love to take notes and make my own versions of these.









No comments:

Post a Comment