Thursday, November 29, 2018

Hana Pearlman, CHELSEA DARTER



1)  These images are so rich in color that it immediatly drew me in. I love the simplicity of each image, it makes for an even stronger composition, there isnt so much to take your attention away from the calmness of the image.  
2)  I believe the artist intentions were to show images that were from a place she knew, but also seemed a little haunting. The top image of the carcases, completely bare, really is a freaky sight to see. The touch of red against the white background is what really makes the bones stick out. The fruit, pomegrante maybe, looks like blood highlighted against the white of the cutting board. and the white trees sticking out from the bright bue water really is a nice contrast. .
3)  I personally am really drawn to the haunting white and bright colors of the images, which is why I chose these three. There were more that also were equally as daunting to these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment