Thursday, November 15, 2018

Amber Carpenter - Philip-Lorca diCorcia - Post 10

1. Which of the artist's many technical choices are of interest to you and why?

His use of lighting is one that peaks my interest a lot and I find it to be very cinematic and story telling in itself. His use of color is also really clear to be a purposeful move for his photos. I would like to take notes and try to make photos like this, as its not as if his models are doing anything crazy or different yet the scene is really interesting based on what he's gotten his models to do. 

2. What do you believe are the artist's conceptual work and/or thematic intentions?

I think there could be themes of loneliness or something a long those lines, as these people in the photographs are by themselves or seem to be feeling isolated or some type of emotion. There seems to be something very personal about all of these photos yet I'm not sure its entirely clear what exactly that is. The use of color and lighting is very visually pleasing and I find this to be of inspiration to me.

3. How do you personally respond to these choices and intents?

I enjoy them a lot, I think these photos are really well made, and have very clear artistic intent to them. I would like to create photos like this, I think I need to take notes on how he poses his models and how these are all very wide angle shots, its not portraiture but it tells a scene. 


Philip-Lorca diCorcia





No comments:

Post a Comment