Thursday, November 1, 2018

Abby Chambers - Adam Elmakias

Adam Elmakias






1) which of the artist’s many technical choices are of interest to you and why? 

I've been following Adam Elmakias since I was a little emo kid in middle school. I was so amazed by how well he was able to capture these beautiful photos of bands and artists that I loved in the middle of chaotic and sometimes dangerous concerts. 

2) what do you believe are the artist’s conceptual and/or thematic intentions? 

I believe that Adam is trying to capture moments from shows because he loves photography and the genre of music. I don't think he has a conceptual theme or anything I just think he put two things he was passionate about together and made a career about it.

3) how do you personally respond to these choices and intents?

I've always loved Adam Elmakias' work and I still do. Not only do I appreciate the genre of music he chooses to photograph, I also think it's impressive how he can take such a nice, clean shot in such a fast paced setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment