Thursday, November 1, 2018

Abby Chambers, twitter user @StrutSoup

@StrutSoup








1) which of the artist’s many technical choices are of interest to you and why? 

I've followed this person on twitter for a while now and I've always been drawn in by how dark but also how bright these photos are. The photos themselves are dark but they always have a pop of color somewhere in the composition. They're also still very vibrant for how dark they are.

2) what do you believe are the artist’s conceptual and/or thematic intentions? 

I think that the artist is trying to so something interesting with the use of light and color. I don't see a more conceptual approach to these photos other than how light and color is being used in a non-standard way.

3) how do you personally respond to these choices and intents?

I personally really enjoy these photos. I think they're beautifully composed and edited and they give me a sense of mystery or the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment