Thursday, November 1, 2018

amanda burton- Pernille Sandberg series SS19 post 10








  





1.Which of the artists many technical choices are of interest to you and why?
With this series, the choices Sandberg made interested me due to the sheer clothing with no undergarments. I was drawn to the photos because I myself am interested in doing more nude photography with another element added. Even when she is not wearing the dress, the light or water is hitting her body creating another effect. There is little to no makeup which I appreciate as well. It gives the series a pure presence. 


2. What do you believe are the artists conceptual and/or thematic intentions?
I think the intention for this series was to emphasize on the figure of a woman with different elements. Clothes, light, and water all three show a side of the features of this woman in the pictures. He really wanted to focus on a simplistic but editorial series. The poses the model is doing are all different and show off certain angles to appropriately portray her body.

3. How do you personally respond to these choices and intents?
I personally got so inspired because for my final project in darkroom, I am focusing on nude photography. These elegant pictures give me a better understanding on what to highlight in my black and white film. I definitely will be channeling this series while doing a nude photoshoot.



















No comments:

Post a Comment