Monday, March 16, 2015

Weekly Artist Post #2 - Daniel Potes

Susan Worsham





I once had the pleasure of meeting Susan at one of her exhibitions and I feel that I learned more about the nature of photography on that day than I have in the rest of my life. Susan's work manages to touch on all of the important factors of photography, Color, light, subject matter, depth. By choosing content that is full to the brim with both personal understanding and objective beauty Susan crafts portraits with a style unlike many others. One of my favorite things about Susan's work is that in almost all of her work she exclusively uses natural light. 

Susan Worsham not only instills her images with an intense emotional strength, she also creates magnificent gallery installations, with both her images and objects from her work and her life that suite the style and emotion of the rest of her work. To me, the strongest part of her work is the Video that I link to in Susan's name. In this video Susan uses footage of her family, mostly her mother to create an understanding of the subject for her readers, and by comparing the two images she shows in the two side by side screens you as a reader begin to better understand her method of ideation and her adoration of her subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment