Monday, March 16, 2015

Artist Post- Selasi Fynn pt. 4

Gregory Halpern






Gregory Halpern is a photographer based in Los Angeles, California. The pictures above are from two different project one being titled A and the other one is East of the Sun, West of the Moon. Halpern seems to be drawn towards making pictures of both humans and animals and incorporating landscape with the two. 

Out of the list given for the landscape and portrait project,  I think Gregory Halpern is my favorite. I really liked the project East of the Sun, West of the Moon mainly because of his use of blur in some of his pictures. I think the last two pictures are really captivating and they really draw in my attention.  I also like Halpern's landscape photos. The second and third photos are really beautiful in that they are very simple looking. There's not too much in the frame and he really did a good job at capturing colors and details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment