Sunday, February 22, 2015

Tyler Zheng - Week 6 Artist Post

Yosigo (JoseƩ Javier Sarrano)





The artist chose to photograph when it's bright out, so that snow would become really reflective and directly increased the contrast in each photograph. Bright environment also provided him a faster shutter speed + deeper depth of field. As we can see the moving people & objects look pretty sharp in both foreground and background. The photographs are shaped into square, which look very symmetrical to me for some reason. And they maybe they're overexposed? I'm not sure. The photographs seemed sharpened & saturated.

The theme is "Ski+holiday" for sure (I read the introduction). Due to the high contrast, we can easily sense the atmosphere, and each individual's body language. These photographs reminded me of the pictures they used in spanish textbooks back in junior high.

I looked through some other photographs in his portfolio, and this seems to be his typical style. Most of photographs seem "neat" and "pure" because he'd pick a theme color for each project. Such as white snow, yellow sand, and blue water. I would like to try out something like this... 

No comments:

Post a Comment