Saturday, February 21, 2015

Selasi Fynn- Weekly Artist Post (#6)

Maud Chalard




Maud Chalard is a French photographer. Many of her photos consist of couples or of a relationship between multiples people, with a few of her pictures being self portraits of herself and her boyfriend, Theo Gosselin, who is also a photographer. Chalard seems to only use natural light when making her pictures, with the exception being the additional use of candle light. 

I think that the choice to use natural lighting coincides with the fact that Chalard is making pictures of couples. She may want the lighting in the pictures to look as natural as some of the emotions conveyed by the subjects. It also creates a soft tone without having the colors look washed out. 

I really enjoyed looking through all the pictures on Chalard's Tumblr. These three are definitely my favorites. I like the way she finds a way to use natural lighting in all her pictures. I also enjoyed the way she was able to create as natural a setting as possible with there photo subjects, sometimes you can easily tell that a picture is stated, but I feel like it's not as obvious with Chalards' pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment