Sunday, February 1, 2015

Selasi Fynn- Weekly Artist Post (# 3)

Atta Kim



These pictures are from Atta Kim's museum project, which is mostly made up of photos of people in clear boxes, either by themselves or with others usually with an interesting setting as the backdrop. His pictures have a bit of a dark hue to them but at the same time he still manages to make some colors pop. Kim used to only work with black and white photos but his more well known projects and photos are in full color.

As far as the theme goes, I feel like Kim might be trying to make some kind of statement about how we interact with our environments. We may think that we are present but we still find ways to limit ourselves. We try and get as close to the edge without actually going over and experiencing the fall.

I like the pictures from this project (the third one is my favorite).  I've seen a few pictures from some of his other projects but I really don't like them. Overall he isn't one of my favorites, but I really like his museum project.

No comments:

Post a Comment