Sunday, February 1, 2015

Daniel Potes - Three things I learned this week



1. One of the most important things I learned this week was that you cannon be shy in any way or form when tasked with taking images 24/7. Because I work and go to class all day every day of the week, the only time I had to shoot images was after the light was gone, which made gathering the 3 different exposures rather difficult. 

2. The hardest thing I learned this week has definitely been the fact that not looking at your screen is much much harder than I expected. Because of my film lenses and use of glasses, I can hardly ever accurately tell the focus point on an image unless I use the live view function, so taking these pictures exclusively through the view finder has been super tough.

3. The most beneficial thing I learned this week has been the fact that ISO equals image quality. I had always noticed the change and increase in noise as the ISO goes up, but I had never put it together that the quality of the image reduces drastically in higher ISO's especially Hi or Hi-2. Finding this out allowed me to be able to better guage the use of ISO and especially created for some wonderful looking low light images where the quality surpassed my previous high ISO images.

No comments:

Post a Comment