Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Shane Rocheleau - Weekly Artist Post (quick, poorly spelled example post!)

Alec Soth




1)  The artist appears to use a film camera.  UPon research I understand it to be a large format, 8x10.  He is clearly interested in color relationships.

2)  As I look at his pictures in Niagra, it seems clear that Alec Soth is interested in reformulating a more romantic version of love into something that feels more accessible to the day to day experiences of the average american.  Which is to say, romantic love and reality may be to some degree mutually exclusive.

3)  I love the fidelilty of the larger negativ3e.  I can really get into small details that would otherwise be lost.  As I think about his thesis, I realize that reimagining my conception of love may be an interesting excercise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment