Sunday, January 18, 2015

Lindsey Mott - What I Care About

1) Family: specifically, my mom, dad and sister… and friends who are family.
2) Being completely unashamed of who I am and what I believe.
3) Pursuing equality, justice, and lifting other people up.

Why:

1) My family has stood by me even through times when I thought they wouldn’t, and I wouldn’t be who I am, maybe wouldn’t even be alive, without their love and support.
2) This is a struggle. It’s taken me a very long time to accept a lot of myself, and it seems that many of the people who have been in my life have been unable to accept those things as well. And I’ve decided not to give a shit. I’m not perfect. But I deserve to be loved, even if I don’t believe that sometimes.
3) I’ve realized in the past year that the only way that I will ever be completely satisfied with my life is if my career touches the lives of others in a positive and tangible way.


Obviously I care about more than three things, but the importance of those other things pale in comparison to these three.

No comments:

Post a Comment