Sunday, January 18, 2015

(Erin) Dani Brown -- Weekly Artist Post #1

William Rugen




William Rugen seems to like taking photos that seem cluttered. Many of his pictures don't have a specific focal point and one's eye seems to dance around the images. He also seems to value rich colors, usually one color per photo that is offset by neutral blacks, whites, browns, or greys.

A theme present in his work is nature. He takes a lot of pictures of landscapes and pictures that include foliage. Even his images of neighborhoods and parking lots read like nature photographs. They feel like habitats or vacation spots.

I really enjoy Rugen's work. His photos keep my attention; they give me a sense of anticipation, as though I'm waiting for something to happen. I also like the focus on color. It causes his work to stand out against others.

No comments:

Post a Comment