Sunday, January 25, 2015

Erin Copeland- Weekly artist post #2

Daisuke Yokota



Daisuke Yokota is a Japanese Photographer that works predominantly in black and white. His works are often distorted. They create a haunting, creepy, surreal feeling. He Manipulates the photos, creating layers which results in a completely different image from the original photo.

Yokota uses digital photos with a combination of traditional film in a process of reshooting photos multiple times. Also he manipulates the film with photocopying and photoshop sometimes to create these layered photos.

I love the beautiful, creepy, dreamlike quality of his photography. For me, I look into his photographs looking though each layer like I am analyzing my own dreams. I really love black and white photography that has like a grainy, scratchy quality to it that I have yet to learn how to achieve in my own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment