Sunday, August 26, 2012

Niko Tavernise

I'll just name a couple movies for you. Black Swan. The Wrestler. Moonrise Kingdom. These are just some of the titles for which Niko Tavernise has worked as the on-set still photographer. I admire his work not only because I think it is beautiful, but also because I'm intensely envious of him. His photos also faithfully reflect the mood of each of the films. The Black Swan photos are claustrophobic and off-putting, while the Moonrise Kingdom photos are bright, happy, and whimsical. Check out his website!

2 comments:

  1. These being two films that I really enjoyed watching, I feel the same way about these stills. As you said, they capture the feel of the films and they make me want to go back and watch them all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think film and photography should go hand-in-hand, and it appears Tavernise agrees with this idea. These stills bring back memories of seeing these movies and really capture their essence.

    ReplyDelete