Sunday, August 26, 2012

Glen Erler



A lot of Glen Erler's photography seems to be caught in a moment - it is not often that many of his subjects appear posed.
Ahorn's magazine with Erler (http://www.ahornmagazine.com/issue_1/Interview2_erler/interview_erler.html) sees Erler describe his approach to his work as almost making it up as he goes along - seeing what works as it happens.

I was drawn to his work because of this fact and like that he has the same caught in the moment feel in images that don't even include people;




A lot of his images have a lower saturation which I think contributes to the mood that he goes for. 

A lot of what he photographs are of things he knows - places and people, something which affects the aesthetic as I think familiarity can make something seem more beautiful. 

His approach to his photography, colour pallet and tendency to photograph the familiar I think creates a very nostalgic look in his pictures. 








http://www.glenerler.com/



1 comment:

  1. Yes! I love his subjects, so natural and not even the subject of the photo. I love how homey and comfortable his photos make me feel.

    ReplyDelete