Sunday, August 26, 2012

Michael M Koehler

Michael M Koehler is a photographer who's photos (for the majority) are in black and white. As a result the way he uses contrast in the images creates a point of interest for a lot of his work and is what attracted me to his images.



As a photographer he is attracted to creating the sensation of being in the picture which I think the above demonstrates well.  ( http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=26580850820 )




"I photograph gently to allow the story to unfold in front of, within and beyond me. Capturing the light in these transitory spaces of time reveals the poetry of humanity, integrating elements to provide a heightened human relationship within a solitary moment. Through this alignment, a temporal moment becomes eternal."
 - Michael M. Koehler (http://michaelmkoehler.com/mmk/index.html)


I think his core ideas that he tries to communicate through his photography resonates with me as it's what I love about the art of photography most - taking a moment and making it permanent/an art form. 




No comments:

Post a Comment