Sunday, August 26, 2012

Bharat Sikka


Bharat Sikka was born 1973 in India. He traveled to New York to Attended Parsons Arts School and received a BFA in photography. His work is based mostly around the condition of India and has been featured in galleries and museums all around the world.


http://www.bharatsikka.com/fiction3.html

His fiction 03 series caught my eye. There area lot of unnatural colors of light used in these pictures, vivid reds, yellows, and greens, but the way the colors are used make them feel natural to the environment. That’s just something I’ve always found impressive. How a photographer can combined the use different colors of light to create a new reality out of an environment that’s still very much based in our own.


2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on the lighting thing. It's beautiful how complex a phenomenon light is, and how mastering the use of it can completely alter the atmosphere of a photograph, almost creating an entirely new reality (well put) without altering the subjects. I am definitely going to check out his work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the contrast colors in the photos. I'm also intrested in the scenes and the stories he's trying to tell us. These photos were probably taken in China. I checked the rest of his "fictions" but 03 is still my favorite. Some of his works are like fashion photography but more than that.

    ReplyDelete