Monday, August 27, 2012

Akihisa Nakamura image 3

Untitled by ©AKI
Untitled, a photo by ©AKI on Flickr.

I picked this photo in particular because It reminded me of my first trip to Richmond as a child.
When i was a kid I used to get scared if I was the only one awake in my house.
So this one time my mother had to take a trip to the city for a work meeting. I was probably around 6 years old. We stayed in a hotel and had a nice view of the city from our room. That night I couldn’t fall asleep and I started getting scared. So I found my way to the window and went behind the curtain. When I looked out I saw all the lights of the city. It was very comforting, because then knew I defiantly wasn’t the only one awake. I starred out the window for awhile just watching all the lights.Then eventually crawled back in bed and fell asleep. To this day the color of a sodium vapor lamp( the orange yellowish color of street lights) is still my favorite color.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the bokeh in this shot and how even though the background is blurry and the foreground is only texture, you can still tell exactly what the image is. I love how much of a connection you had with such a simple photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is a beautiful shot, and I'm glad you posted the connection you have with it. :)

    ReplyDelete