Sunday, October 16, 2011




Todd Hido


My friend in high school was the one who introduced me to Todd Hido's work. His work deals with architectural studies especially with light and color. The way he finds color is such old building is striking. He seems to shoot at night a lot which I have find really inspiring. I have been trying to shoot at night because I feel like all kinds of new colors come out in the world. He has a real eye for light in interior and exterior spaces. He splits his work in to the kinds of buildings he explores. His work has real passion behind it even the subject matter is repetitive. My favorite series of his is the motel series. Usually one would think of motels as dirty or dull but he finds such color and interesting light within them. I definitely want to try his approaches with light and color in my work for the rest of the semester.





Tableau










No comments:

Post a Comment