Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Henri Käck

Whoops! This is my very late blog post of an artist for the week from me...

This is Henri, a professional concert photographer from Finland. One of his influences just so happens to be one of my favorite photographers: Annie Leibovitz. One can kind of see how he emulates her in the filters and effects he puts on his photographs, in the angles and split-second moments, and in the way he crops his images. I could not find a single photograph if his that was not dramatic or that did not make the viewer anticipate movement, even though the subjects are perfectly frozen. Even most of his compositions, as candid as they had to be, are eye-catching and moving. I did not initially like his work as much as I do now because of how strong some of the effects were, but he keeps churning the photographs onto a community art site that I follow him on, and I find myself constantly reviewing and previewing his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment