Sunday, October 23, 2011

Lisa Wassmann





I love the way Lisa Wassamann thinks. Her approach to photograph complexes me and intrigues me. A lot of her portraiture I don’t understand how she ends up with the results she does. I can usually grasp how other photographs use different techniques but hers is one of a kind. My best guess would be strange light beams and water spouts. She seems to be in the right place at the right time and is pretty situational. The one photograph with a light beam protruding from a person’s head is just so stunning to me. The light is projecting and it becomes a truly composed and well-thought photograph. She seems to be pretty playful and experimental in her photographs. I think that the fact that her subjects are out of focus and it becomes more about the technique then subject matter really adds depth to her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment