Sunday, October 9, 2011

Micheal Kenna





Micheal Kenna is the exception for me. I usually tend to appreciate more color photography with a plethora of subject matter. The way that Kenna works with positive and negative space is really inspirational. He is so privileged that he was able to travel the world and the way that he captures moments in nature is beautiful. He finds so much organization and repetition in nature that many would not be able to see. He reminds me a lot of a modern day Ansel Adams in the way that he approach his subject matter. The black and white makes such a dramatic effect on the subject matter which brings certain elements that one would not notice with the distraction of color. What really caught my attention was the simplicity of the first photo I posted. I think it brings the illusion of an almost scientific feel because it looks like the tree under a microscope. The absence of an apparent background really brings light the the tree.

http://www.michaelkenna.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment