Sunday, October 2, 2011

Tim Barber




Tim Barber's style is almost contradictory. If someone were to place him in a category he is a editorial photographer. He shoots for companies like Urban Outfitters and Muse. His style is nothing like a typical editorial photographer. He uses super high ISOs and some of his photos look like snapshot-esque. The grain in his photos works in his favor and adds a vintage and haze effect. I thought it was interesting because he broke one of my "photo rules" with having such a high ISO. Researching his work inspired me to break my rule use a high ISO to get that same grain effect. The photo that stood out to me most was the twin towers photograph. When looking at his body of work I almost skimmed passed this photograph until I truly realized the scenario. Talk about being at the right place at the right time. The grainy and haze of the light adds such emotion to the photo. Including the crooked photograph in the corner adds so much tension and drama. Check out his full body of work: http://www.tim-barber.com/

Breaking the Rules





No comments:

Post a Comment