Friday, October 18, 2013

Charlotte Laurance-Stephen Shore

Stephen Shore is an american photographer who is famous for his use of color and also banal images. Banal images lack originality and are to be obvious and slightly boring. However, this technique really drew me to his work, so much that I'm choosing to emulate it for my darkroom class. I feel that Shore's images are simple enough to find beauty in them, which is what I want to create. He started as a self taught photographer with a film camera, shooting only in black and white. Shore's methods of creating photographs included making cross country trips of America and Canada in order to find landscapes that fit into his style. While on these journey's, Shore decided that he would start photographing these places in color, put them in a book, call it Uncommon Places, and have it be used as a 'color photographers bible'.









No comments:

Post a Comment