Monday, October 14, 2013

Alex Kreher: Timothy Archibald - Echolilia

After Shane shared the story of one of her students whose mother was diagnosed with cancer and how she captured the last moments of her mom in photographs I thought about that for a while. Thought about what I would do if I were in a situation like her and looked for other photographers who experience similar moments in their lives.
The project Echolilia by Timothy stuck out to me. He photographed his autistic son, in a way that lets me enter a different world and leaves me in the shoes of an observant who looks at the boy in a totally objective way. Timothy's photos of his son are beautiful and yet sad and lonely. They make me feel helpless and too far away to engage with him. And then I am thinking, how does it feel to sell your sons life for $125.00 plus tax and shipping?





timothyarchibald.com

No comments:

Post a Comment