Sunday, October 6, 2013

Arina Sergei- Allison Bills



I was initially attracted to these photographs because of the movement throughout the photos due to light, and the way light plays a major portion of importance in general. These intrigued me because I could not quite put my finger on what I really saw in these photographs. On an obvious note, body form/shape/action is very important. The subjects are forced to uncomfortable positions that seem to give off an opposing "soft" feel; like the moment is endless in which the photographs are taken.

Arina Sergei is from Russia, and there was not much else I could find on the photographer other than Sergei almost always is photographing nudes. The style of the work is most commonly referred to as modern, raw, and alluring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment