Monday, June 6, 2016

Ariel Rodriguez- Artist post

http://www.lissarivera.com/

Lissa Rivera is a photographer living and working in the New York City area.  Her first works focused on schools and her recent works focus on her genderqueer partner BJ.

I choose her because of her photographs of BJ. I think the LGBTQ community is highly under represented in all facets of media. I love the way she beautifully depicts the raw emotions of her subject. She also uses vibrant, bright colors which I enjoy.



I love that BJ's face is similar to the bust in the background. BJ is also dressed similarly to the post that the bust is on.



I like that this photo captures the sensuality in BJ's eyes. you can tell that the subject and photographer have a deep connection.



I love the use of a bright red background. It makes BJ's lipstick pop and contasts well with the color of the suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment