Monday, June 6, 2016

Darek Imadi- Artist Post




Eric Kim is a photographer and teacher based in Berkeley California. These photos are from his photo series titled "Suits". I love the stories these photos tell.

The first image is taken from the outside of a restaurant of a man eating dinner in contemplation. I love the natural frame created by the window and the green and brown color contrast. The second photo is of  a man in thought. I love the natural lighting in this photo which casts a giant spotlight on the subject. The last photo is of a man holding a tie. I like how the use of his shutter speed creates the blurred effect in the background. It gives the impression that the subject is in motion.

I became aware of Eric Kims work after stumbling upon his youtube videos and social media posts. I like the simplicity of his photographic style and has taught me the importance of shooting from the gut and not to over-analyze every frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment