Monday, June 6, 2016

Ariel Rodriguez- Artist post

http://www.tariqzaidi.com/

Tariq Zaidi is a self taught photographer. He worked a corporate job before quitting to pursue his passion for photography. He has become a most photographers with the aim of capturing the dignity, purity and soul of people, within their environment. He has successfully completed commissions in Sierra Leone, Cuba, Russia, Cambodia, Uganda, UAE, Japan and recently in remote Indonesia.

I choose him because I appreciate his work depicting the lives and culture of other peoples through photography. The way he showcases the natural habitats of those he photographs is stunning. 

  
I love how Zaidi was able to capture the dust in the background. The picture to me looks both tranquil and filled with struggle. The color of the sky paired with the desert terrain is beautiful.


I love this picture because of how the water ripples away from the man in the foreground. It is a perfect example of how a picture can be simple and still striking. 



I love how Zaidi used the contrast of the blue sky against the red in the mans red clothing. I also like how you can see through the tenderness of the mans touch that he cares and depends on these cattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment