Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Darienne Montgomery- Artist Post #2

Lauryn Ishak




Lauryn Ishak is a life style photographer whose main focuses include travel, still-life, and food. She has split her time between Basel, Switzerland as well as Singapore and has lived in Germany, Indonesia, Hong Kong, and New York.

I have always had a great appreciation for travel and landscape photography in that they have the ability to take you elsewhere. I personally turn to photography to give me an excuse to go out and see the world around me and the beauty that is within it. I enjoyed Lauryn Ishak's work with her amazing view of the places she has seen with sharp, bold colored, and deep persepctive photos. Also, I appreciate her work in that she couldn't just walk out the back door for her photos, but had to endure physical challenges such as a long hike to get them as well.

I believe Ishak chose to take these photos because usually, these Italian Alps are swarmed with tourists, hikers, and rock climbers, but Ishak had the opportunity to capture this wonderful area during its off season. It can be seen in these photos that the Dolomites peaks in Basel, Switzerland are a unique set of peaks each appearing in completely different, beautiful sights.

No comments:

Post a Comment