Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Troy Paiva.

I was first interested in Troy Paiva's work because he makes real life look surreal/like an alien world. His images really highlight the power of lighting.





His bio refers to his use of lighting as "light painted night photography" which is a fitting description - his light seems to paint the walls in the second mage - and the blue light paints the fuel stations in the first. 

He tries to focus on abandoned communities - this mixed with his colour use I think are what gives his images such an eerie, surrealistic and alien feel. 

2 comments:

  1. These are really stunning, very reminiscent of painting. I find myself really drawn to the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Elizabeth, especially with that second image. It makes want to go there and stand within those colors. Light and color can really power elements in a work of art, and he definitely has a grasp on them.

    ReplyDelete