Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Selasi Fynn- Weekly Artist Post

Andrew Esiebo 





Andrew Esiebo is a Nigerian photographer. He has decided to chronicle the shift in the county from a place that was underdeveloped to the state that Nigeria is in now. All of these pictures are from his project titled Nigeria on my Mind. Esiebo uses techniques such as playing with different planes, foreground versus background focus, color, and subject/model placement in his photos to represent the beauty he sees in his home. These are the type of pictures I wish I could have attempted to make when I went to Ghana for winter break, and these pictures bring back memories for me from the few times I have been there. When I look at the first two photos I 'd like to think that Esiebo went into this space, made pictures, and then brought his subject and, in a way, sculpted them into the space. The people in the first two images are definitely in the photo, but the focus isn't on them, its on the space that they are occupying and I just find that really intriguing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment