Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Ayana Chavis - Weekly Artist Post

Horst Ademeit




Ademeit uses a polaroid camera with flash. I'm not sure about settings on polaroids or if they even have those options. But in terms of aperture, I would say he is quite open. There is little to no motion blur indicating fast shutter speed (obvious with polaroid). There seems to be poor quality in the film indicating a higher ISO.

Thematically, it seems as if Ademeit is testing out his camera, finding spaces he finds interesting. It also seems as though he is taking photos for the memory, in which one can see the notes on each of the photos, indicating the date and other details.

Personally, I enjoyed the ambiguity of the photos. Considering that these photos were not for exhibiting purposes and were never to be seen by the public, I can identify with this aspect. I enjoy the idea of photography for keepsake, for memory. And, I think this is what Ademeit was doing, simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment