Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Erin Copeland- Weekly artist post 10

Amy Elkins


Amy Elkins is a portrait photographer whos work is centered around portraits. She plays with the concepts of gender identity and vulnerability in her series "wallflower" Another series of her work, "Lucas", she takes portraits of Lucas from childhood into adulthood as a study of how he would present himself to the camera and how it would change as he grew up.

I like Amy Elkins work because she doesnt just want to take portraits of people, she wants to see how they present themselves in front of her camera. Some look uncomfortable, bored, and some even seem angry. I really enjoy her composition, light, and color in her photography. I chose her photos because I was immediatly drawn by her framing in the pictures and of course the light and color. But after reading about her concepts, I enjoy looking at them even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment