Monday, May 30, 2016

Quinn Mehler - artist poster







Lukasz Wierzbowski

He is a freelance photographer from Poland, who has been featured in an extensive number of exhibitions and shows. He was studying social psychology when he realized that taking photos was a lot more exciting than his current studies. He is very interested in unique poses and illusionistic patterns.

I will forever think this guy as the pose master. The photographer is just as important as the model. They have to work together to create a great image. I feel that the viewer can see the relationship between the photographer and the model. Whether his pictures are at night or day, they have vibrant colors. He chooses the models to wear solids and patterns. I think that patterns can play tricks on your eyes.

His work first captivated me when I saw some of his mirror pictures I was drawn into an illusion that he managed to capture. I also think that his work works in a figurative way. The way that he chooses to drape his models over certain terrain makes me think of sculpture as well. A model is not simple placed in the scene, they are the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment