Friday, December 7, 2018

Sydni Stearns Post 14- Alexandra Cameron


1. Which of these artist's many technical choices are of interest to you and why?

I am so interested by the photographer's ability to create such soft yet dramatic photos. I am fascinated by each type of photo that she produces whether it is very dark and dramatic or lighter and more playful. She can make someone's skin look absolutely beautiful and flawless without making it look overdone or unnatural. Recently, she has been focusing on more of the up close portrait type of photo such as the first one I have attached. Her range of darks and light and this is so stunning. The background is blacked out and the model's shirt fades into it, becoming apart of it. I am so interested in this type of portrait and I want to try it, myself. 

2. What do you believe are the artist's conceptual and/or thematic intentions?

I believe that the artist's intentions are to create attractive photos that are either on the more dramatic side or the playful side. I have included examples such as the first two being the more dramatic, moody images and the last two being the more playful images. She comes up with several creative concepts such as the inclusion of the hydrangeas on the models head in the second image and the background, suit and banana in the last image.

3. How do you personally respond to these choices and intents?

I think that her photos are so beautiful and I appreciate her attention to detail. I think that she comes up with wonderful ideas for photos and makes them come to life. I am so drawn to her style of editing and I am just obsessed with the pictures I have attached. The blacked out background portrait is so wonderful and I want to attempt this kind of photo. The image of the girl holding the banana is so colorful and vibrant and quirky and I just love it. The photo of the girls with magnifying glasses is so peculiarly wonderful and was a funny idea yet one that created a beautiful photograph. I am so inspired by her images and I hope to create ones such as hers.





No comments:

Post a Comment