Friday, December 7, 2018

Amanda Burton - Micaiah Carter post 14












1.Which of the artists many technical choices are of interest to you and why?
The technical choices that interested me in these photos are the colors. Not only of the way it is edited, but of the skin tones and makeup choices. He uses the simplistic human face and skin to turn it into a piece of art that emphasizes the true essence of these individuals. I like the use of the diversity that also plays a role in her photos. 



2. What do you believe are the artists conceptual and/or thematic intentions?
I believe she wants to get the viewers attention by incorporating details that are so prominent to the certain image. For example the first image is of a chinese male, with his language written across his face. This is a bold statement to show the viewer a clear message of his heritage. I value how well she portrays a person of their background.


3. How do you personally respond to these choices and intents?
I personally am very interested in seeing more work she creates. I am very drawn to the mood and tone of these images. Her series of images on her websites are also very interesting because of how much variety she presents. I honestly just got inspired but the first image and want to create something similar. 









No comments:

Post a Comment