Friday, December 7, 2018

Abby Chambers - Kelli Connell








Kelli Connell

1) which of the artist’s many technical choices are of interest to you and why?  

What initially drew me into these photos was that the subjects look like sisters, but they're more intimate than sisters. Also, the framing of all the images is really pleasing to me. The poses are also very nice, it makes me wonder if Connell posed them or if these were just candid shots.

2) what do you believe are the artist’s conceptual and/or thematic intentions?  

After reading an essay based on Connell's work, I believe this is about freezing moments in time.

3) how do you personally respond to these choices and intents?

I love these photos. They're so intimate and beautiful. These moments feel so special, almost like they shouldn't be photographed and I think a lot of people are interested in the moments like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment