Friday, December 7, 2018

Emma Doherty - Frank Machalowski






1.Which of the artist's many technical choices are of interest to you and why?

As I've looked through the artist's week, Frank Machalowski tries to attempt every form of photography and tends to properly execute it. I originally researched him as architectural photographer experimenting with long exposures. As I look more into my portfolio, I've seen that he experiments in all styles from landscapes to snapshots. The main goal of all of his work has been to make it as technically "deep" as possible whether that means with motion, wide perspectives, etc
2. What do you believe are the artist's conceptual and/or thematic intentions? 
While all of his intentions add a technically depth, there is also an emotional depth to each image while being very simple. The motion adds a lot of missing information that requires the viewer to create the missing pieces/information. 
3. How do you personally respond to these choices and intentions? 
After I was shown his work, i've immediately applied it into my own work. I enjoy his use of long exposure to simplify crowds and force a less distracting approach to over populated areas that he wants to photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment