Monday, November 5, 2012

ute klein

what really intrigues me about this artist is how she treats her subjects as objects. Instead of taking a normal portrait or situating her subjects so they interact in a human way, she just straight up treats them as an object and form she has to contort to portray what she is trying to create.

 I really enjoy this series in particular. In her earlier work you can see how she is interested in couples interacting, and I really loved seeing how her work visually matured into this photo study on weird contorted ball of hugs.

website: http://cargocollective.com/uteklein/

3 comments:

  1. I really love that third image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that hugball is awesome, I love seeing all these couples tangled up in this weird, messy dance of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sets of photographs that you've uploaded remind me a lot about String Theory and how it stats how we are all connected by this one long, invisible string. I don't know how that became one of my first reaction thoughts about her work, but it makes me see her work in a different light.

    ReplyDelete