Sunday, November 11, 2012

David Bailey.

David Bailey is a well known British photographer that (as a Beatles fan) I was first drawn to for some very obvious reasons:



Yeeeeeeah. YEEEEAH. 

British music aside after I kept looking through his work there was a series of images he took of Lara Stone which really caught my attention:




I really love how he has used coloured lighting as an almost paint over his subjects - sort of like a colour wash. 
It's such an interesting use of light and colour and I especially like the contrast in the first two. I like that you can see how he has moved with the times which I especially think is important in terms of the longevity of an artist - in both contexts his images are still quite forward for the time. 




1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that the photographed The Beatles! Not knowing it, I actually did a painting of one of his photographs in high school haha!

    But that last photograph is stunning; the lighting is so awesome and her position is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete