Friday, June 6, 2014

Mischa: Conversation with John Gossage

As we are approaching the end of the semester, we started focusing on formulating a photo project. John Gossage mentions a couple points that are necessary in creating a coherent collection of photos. The collection of photos from beginning to the end need to tell a story, it takes the viewers on a beautiful journey told from the photographer's lens.  The collection of photos also needs to complete each other, thus, there should not be one 'main' photo, so that the story is not focused around that one photo, instead of all of the photos as an entirety. I thought that these points were helpful in the way I viewed my project, because telling stories through photography is a skill that I have yet to acquire. Instead of choosing just any photo, I have to learn how to chose the photos that will fit into the theme of my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment