Monday, June 9, 2014

Kelli Connell


Kelli Connell's work is an 8-year-long production of photos of her relationship with herself, literally. Each photo shows the photographer taking on two different personas in common relationship activities. Most of her photos look very simply posed, if at all. It feels like you're spending a day with a couple you know well, except both people in the relationship are the same person. Connell's goal with her work is to question the gender roles that shape the individual in relationships.

I really enjoy the candid feel of some of her photos. The relationship feels very genuine, which is what I want in the photos I take. I like photographing how we as humans relate to each other, especially in friendships and romantic relationships. I especially like the more lighthearted moment above. Kelli is able to capture real emotions in her work, without them feeling forced or over exaggerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment