Monday, June 9, 2014

Jose Pedro Cortes - Mischa

Jose Pedro Cortes

Jose Pedro Cortes studied photography in Lisbon, and obtained his masters in the UK. He has published several photography books, one that fascinated me was his project "Things here and things still to come." The project was done in Tel Aviv, where he met four Jewish women who were born in the USA. They all decided to complete the required two years of service when they reached the age of 18, and they all decided to stay after the service was completed.

These photographs really connected to me, because they reminded me of the rugged city of Richmond, and how people who come tend to fall in love and stay. The culture, the traditions, the relaxed environment. I imagine what these women ran away from, and the reason to stay. I want my collection of photographs to be personal and relaxed, capturing the people of Richmond, and the reason they wanted to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment