Wednesday, May 28, 2014



Sibylle Fendt - Jon Faulconer 




Sibylle Fendt is a photographic artist who explores a person's inner self and mental health through photographs.  In this particular project, she explores a couple in their daily lives. The woman in the portraits had been diagnosed with dementia and Fendt tries to capture the woman's daily struggles through photographs. 

I found Sibylle Fendt very interesting because her images are so crisp and absolutely beautiful.  I really enjoy how she tries to show a person’s mental health and inner self through photographs and I think she shows this very well.  I really like how she shows the woman happy in most pictures even though she has dementia and while it is extremely difficult and almost impossible to show someone's mental health in a photograph, I think Sibylle Fendt does this as best as possible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment