Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Jean-Louis Tornato - Ariana Pescara

Jean-Louis Tornato

















Everything written about Jean-Louis Tornato is in French, so it is a little hard for me to find information. But I know from my research that he mainly takes pictures of people sleeping. He uses a special night vision camera to photograph single people as well as couples while they are sleeping. This series of photos, however takes place in different parts of Asia. He took many pictures of natural landscapes and in this series the pictures at the beginning are bright and happy landscape photos with very bright almost neon colors. As the series goes on the photos get darker and this is the last one in the series. It is not only dark because it is a night photo, but it is a photo of a cemetery which gives it even more of a dark connotation.

I was drawn to this photo because I love the colors. I also love the sense of darkness and gloom that it has. To me it almost looks like someone is parked in front of this scene with their headlights on to visit a deceased relative. I also like how the blackness of night is almost like a frame for the bright greens and oranges in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment